We believe that good things happen if you bring the right people together (we curate who attends) on a topic they care about (for #execfintech that is fintech) and provide the right context and “tools”.
In the past our house rules and the coziness of the events have created a very connective atmosphere. Also we are actively introducing our participants personally throughout the day.
As we are growing in size it tends to be more difficult to connect with the right people. We address this solution by adding a variety of structured networking and matchmaking elements to #execfintech.
This year Bizzabo is our networking app (again). The app is great for networking before the event and is our main communication channel regarding everything that happens during the event (esp. urgent topics like agenda updates etc.).
Bizzabo is the best place to get an overview of who is coming. We recommend to start contacting other attendees through the app before #execfintech to schedule personal meetings during the event.
Access to the app is restricted to attendees only. All attendees will receive an invitation to the app mid February.
Meeting Point and Networking Area
If you arrange a meeting on Bizzabo and are looking for a place to meet, the meeting point in the entrance hall is a very visible spot. For a longer chat you can just move to the networking area.
This year we are introducing NetworkingTables – a structured way to meet certain people during the event. This is how it works:
- Tables are “owned” by an organization or an individual for a certain amount of time (there are a few tables still available for booking; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Attendees can then request a meeting before the event
- Meetings are usually 10 minutes each
We’ll announce detailed information on how to request meetings to all attendees of #execfintech around the end of February.
In addition to NetworkingTables – the “structured” and pre-arranged way to meet the right people at #execfintech – speed dating is the ad-hoc way of growing your personal network.
This is how it works:
- There are several speed dating slots in our agenda, which will be announced soon
- Each have a certain topic, a time frame and a maximum number of people
- People have 2-4 minutes to meet, exchange business cards and – if interested – arrange a follow up in one of the networking areas
Speed dating is the best way to meet a lot of interesting people during #execfintech. Don’t forget to bring business cards. 🙂